In light of the growing concerns over the spread of COVID-19, we have been in consultation with our district leaders and in conversation with local church pastors to seek a wise way forward as we prepare for the days ahead. We are mindful that this is only the beginning of a public health crisis, and no less an economic crisis, that will inevitably require changes (or rather a series of changes) in our social engagement for many months to come.
To that end, we have made the following decisions in response to the most recent guidelines and current restrictions on gatherings.
All Crossroads Gatherings Cancelled
- In response to new restrictions on gatherings of more than 50 people, as well as new guidelines calling Americans to avoid gatherings of more than 10 people, we are canceling all gatherings until further notice.
- We will provide weekly teaching online (e.g. live stream, social media) for the duration of the restrictions on gatherings. Please check our website and Facebook page for access to content. As always, our sermons will be available online and through podcasts.
- While Crossroads will not organize or host any ministry gatherings, we encourage you to be the church and community that you are, because gathering in small ways (<10 people) is no less significant than gathering on Sundays. Jesus will continue to build his church through the meals and prayers and moments that we share together in our homes in the days to come (Matt. 16:18; Acts 2:42–47).
- We are encouraging people at high risk for serious illness from COVID-19 to strongly consider limiting your participation in small gatherings (<10 people) in homes. Please do not attend any size of gatherings if you or anyone you have been in physical contact with in the past two weeks have concerning symptoms.
Giving: By Mail & Online
- You can continue to give your tithes and offerings by either of the following methods:
- BY MAIL: send a paper check to the church office at 7555 Old Military Road NE, Bremerton, WA, 98311. Please indicate further instructions in the memo line (e.g., designated giving).
- ONLINE: Click here to be directed to our secure giving portal. For further instructions about giving online (e.g., designated giving) click here.
Wonders of Learning Preschool Reopening In September
- [New as of 8/4] In compliance with state directives, Wonders of Learning Preschool will open for the fall with added safety measures for our students, parents, and teachers. Further information can be found on the Wonders Of Learning Website.
The King Is On His Throne, Still
Finally, and most importantly, as we move through this season of uncertainty, remember this: Jesus Christ is seated—still seated—on his throne. He has not been caught off guard or knocked off balance, his hands are not tied and his plans have not changed, he is not running around anxious nor has he been quarantined from us. He is still, he is certain, he is seated. Indeed, he is “seated…in heavenly places, far above every rule and authority and power and dominion…[with] all things under his feet” (Eph. 1:21-22).
And the good news today—still today—beloved of God, amidst all this bad news, is that you have been “raised up and seated with him in heavenly places” (Eph. 2:6). That means, whatever has happened and whatever will happen cannot escape God’s sovereign purpose to work all things that do happen together for your good and his glory (Rom. 8:28). So rest in that, rest in Him, and take your seat.
“Come, behold the works of the Lord,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the chariots with fire.
‘Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!’
The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.”