10 of our Crossroads family are serving in Sierra Leone Nov 29 – Dec 17 with Children of the Nations (www.cotni.org)
Jeff and Jill Rockstrom, Doug and Lori McMicken, Jay and Barb Lovato, Jim and Marcia Trembley, Dave and Renee Schertzer
The team would ask for your daily prayers for the effective service to orphans, destitute children, community families and the in-country staff with these strategic prayer requests:
- Unity and good health among the team members
- Many lives to be changed through the gospel message.
- Successful team projects
· Science Camp at Banta and Mokpungumba schools – Doug, Lori, Jim, Jeff, Barb, Jay
· Spiritual Care Training – Dave and Team
· Medical Assessments for School Students and Community Children – Marcia, Jay, Barb and Jill
· Video Interviews: Feeding and Sustainable Agriculture – Dave and Team
· Sponsorship Updates to children from sponsors
· Finance and Resource Training – Renee and Dave
- Return home with a larger perspective of what God is accomplishing through COTN – Sierra Leone
- That we will be spiritually changed by this experience and break out of our comfort zones
- Opportunities to give God glory as we boldly share our experiences, energized and empowered to love and serve people back home in new ways
For the children,
Sunday, December 1st
after service in the Generations Center
Join us for fellowship!
A-M: Side/Salad/ Dessert
N– Z: Main Dish
Thanksgiving Meal with Kitsap Homes of Compassion
Thank you for all who participated both in prayer and time!
Church Office Closed
Thursday and Friday, November 28th and 29th
Youth Group and Men’s Bible Study (both Wednesday evenings) will NOT be meeting on Wednesday, November 27th!
Pick up an Advent Reader and Frankincense Candle at the Connection Point.
Wednesday, December 4th
Join us for practice! All welcome!
Saturday, November 30th
Sign up at the Connection Point for shifts. Lunch will be provided. Contact Jenny Young with questions.
Grief Share: Surviving the Holidays
Seminar helps participants discover:
How to deal with emotions
What to do about traditions
Helpful tips for surviving social events
How to find hope for the future
Join us for an encouraging seminar!
Saturday, December 7th
(Kids Surviving the Holiday Seminar available for ages 5-12 on December 7th)
10:00am to 12:00pm
Child care provided Must Sign Up!
Sign up at the Connection Point
Sunday, December 8, 2019
An informational meeting about our service to the nations, July 10-19, 2020. We will be going to Huaticocha Ecuador. The estimated cost is $2500.00.
Click HERE for the Application.
Rockin’ Seniors Event
Friday, December 13th
Join us for lunch and singing Christmas carols with Chuck and Frannie Greene! Wear your “tackiest” Christmas socks, there will be prizes!
$15 (+tip) per person to be paid at time of event.
Sign up at the Connection Point.
Sunday 9:00am Class
Our Spiritual Formation class is ending tomorrow morning BUT please join us again Sunday, December 8th at 9 am for informal time to gather and reflect on the class. We will discuss the helpful and unhelpful parts of our time together.
Watch for a new class starting in the new year.,
Around the Table Bible Study (Men)
Will NOT be meeting November 27th.
Women’s Bible Study
New study starting in January 2020!
Food Pantry Donations Needed!
Our Food Pantry is in need of:
Canned meat (tuna, chicken, spam), peanut butter and jelly, and pasta items.
Drop off is to the left of the Connection Point or the Church Office.
Teddy Bear Tea Party
Looking for new or gently used teddy bear donations for our annual Teddy Bear Tea Party.
Please drop off at the Children’s Check-In Station or the Church Office. Need by Sunday, November 24th!